I’m stepping out and doing something I’ve never done before – making goals for the New Year. I’ve always thought of New Year’s resolutions as inevitable failures waiting to bring you down but this year something’s different. I’m not resolving or promising to do anything, per se, but more of striving to make happen what I’ve longed to do for a while now if that makes sense. Several days ago I put pen to paper and here’s some of what I wrote:
- Read the Bible every day
- Try harder to connect with every kid
- Surprise Scott with a date
- Read Chosen for Charlie by Jen Forsthoff
- Blog/write regularly (not sure what “regularly” means yet but I know I need a schedule)
Get a personal planner – make one if necessaryAlready made my own!
- Purchase a blog theme
- Combine all recipes into one system (probably a binder)
- Decorate the house with scripture
- Teach the kids Bible verses
- Develop a better paperwork/filing system
- Major whole house decluttering (yeah, me and everyone else in America)
There’s nothing earth-shattering, as you can see but I think they’re good, solid and attainable goals. The last one will probably be the most difficult but it’s so necessary. We’re a five person family living in a small two bedroom condo and the walls are closing in on us. We aren’t hoarders by any means but we certainly have things in every room that need to find a new home.
Stay tuned for more posts as I dive into some decluttering projects!